Goals and Objectives
Goal One: Align District Human and Fiscal Resources to Support Student Achievement from Classroom Outward
- Routinely monitor implementation of program expenditures to verify compliance with program assurances and analyze results.
- Consider results while conducting ongoing needs assessments to identify areas for staffing and program modifications.
- Routinely identify and review the needs of the instructional programs. Channel fiscal resources to support the identified needs.
- Prioritize established needs, relying upon research to insure greatest impact of both fiscal and human resources.
- Continue to seek funding sources to support additional preschool programs
Goal Two: Refine Instructional Programs to Improve Performance of all Students
- Move the District and all sites out of program improvement status.
- Collaborate with site leadership to monitor and review site program improvement plan implementation.
- Improve instructional practice through professional collaboration and routine coaching.
- Increase both vertical and horizontal articulation using a Preschool through Grade Nine model.
- Incorporate the three-tiered model of instruction into an articulated Response to Intervention plan to "close the gap" for underperforming students.
- Redefine the academic program delivery for GATE students.
- Continue to refine the use of data to inform instruction.
- Create a multi-year professional development plan.
- Adopt new mathematics programs to address standards-based instruction.
Goal Three: Ensure Fiscal Integrity of the District
- Develop and routinely monitor a budget for each fund maintained by the District.
- Prepare and analyze multi-year projections to ensure fiscal solvency for the budget year and subsequent two fiscal years.
- Prepare and analyze cash flow analyses to ensure sufficient liquidity exists to meet monthly cash demands.
- Routinely evaluate and approve all purchase order requests submitted to ensure that purchases are aligned with District goals and site plans; considering impact, availability of resources and appropriate SACS coding.
- Continue to work collaboratively with members of District Budget Advisory Committee to prioritize needs and provide funding to support the improvement of student performance.
Goal Four: Foster and Maintain Constructive Relationships Among Students, Staff, Families, and Community Members
- Provide opportunities for staff, parents and the community to understand the District budget.
- Enhance routine communication practices to share District information with staff, parents and the community.
- Enhance the opportunities for the District to celebrate the accomplishments of students and employees.
- Increase the participation of underrepresented parents in school activities.
Goal Five: Ensure District Infrastructure Supports Student Learning: Facilities, Technology, Food Service, Transportation and Maintenance
- Continue with the process of evaluating the effectiveness and efficiency of support services with resulting list of prioritized needs and long-range plan for improvement.
- Identify available funding sources to address the identified immediate needs, as well as identification of fiscal support for the long-range plan for improvement.
- Resolve facility issues at Shaffer School and complete modernization of Thomas Olaeta School.
- Complete a study of enrollment projections and begin the process to create a facilities master plan to guide future facility decisions.
- Develop plans to fund facilities for current and future preschool facilities.